You’ve built a new budget. Now, where do you go from here?
Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning offers you an interactive walk-through to complete your budget setup. The setup guide is forever available to you and offers you a quick glance of the overall status of your budget setup. The guide is divided into groups like budget structure, headcount, scenarios and models to help you find the different aspects of the budget. Your progress is measured by the number of steps you’ve completed within each group. As you select a group to view the incomplete steps therein, the setup guide helps you navigate directly to the relevant feature that needs handling within the Budgeting and Planning application. Using the application’s built-in templates and wizards, you can then easily complete the necessary steps.
To access setup guide:
1. Click on the icon in the toolbar to display the guide.
2. The Setup guide window displays how many steps to create your budget have been completed. Hover over the different grouped areas of your budget and click on the View steps link to display the steps within each group.
3. The necessary steps you need to complete for the selected group are displayed. The text below each step lets you know if it is complete or incomplete.
4. From the ellipsis icon, you have the option to either click Remove step to remove the step from the setup guide (if you find the step is unnecessary for completing your budget), or you can click Go to to navigate to the relevant location where you can use the template or wizard features to complete the step.
For example, if you need to add revenue lines to your budget and you click Go to in the Revenue step, the following create revenue lines template is displayed.
5. Complete the step(s) and continue with the setup guide until your budget is complete.