Last updated: August 17, 2020
Using the integration with Sage Intacct, you can retrieve dimensions from Intacct to build and organize your budget in Budgeting and Planning. If you wanted to later import dimensions from Excel to update your dimensions mapping table in Budgeting and Planning, this option was non-existent - until now!
What you need
Before you begin, make sure you have an Excel file with a list of the dimension values you want to import and their Sage Intacct ID. You can get the Sage Intacct ID from your Company setup menu in Intacct.
💡 Download the Dimensions Excel CSV file to assist you with preparing the dimensions data you intend to import to Budgeting and Planning from Excel.
To import and map dimensions to Budgeting and Planning from Excel:
1. From the Dimensions tab in the Actuals > Mapping window, click on the Add dimension value button.
2. From this step you can either create a new dimension value, or import dimension values from Excel. For the purposes of this task, choose Import multiple dimension values from Excel and click Next.
3. Choose to either import the dimension values from your Excel file into an existing dimension, or create a new dimension in your budget to which you want to import the dimension values. If you choose to import dimension values to an existing dimension, select the dimension from the dropdown and click Next.
4. Locate the Excel file from which you want to import the dimension values and drag the file to the upload window, or click on the link to browse for the file you want to import.
5. From the Setup tab, select the relevant sheet from the Excel file, the header row which serves as the column names and the dimension column to be mapped to the dimension values (names) in your budget. These selections are made automatically by Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning but may be incorrect, so you can change them manually. Click Next.
6. From the Data > Row tab, select the rows you'd like to import. You can select all rows using the checkbox in the header row. Click Next.
7. From the Data > Column tab, select the columns from which you want to import data. First, map the column that contains the Sage Intacct ID as the Financial ID. This ID appears in parenthesis in the Sage Intacct name column of the dimensions mapping table in Budgeting and Planning, like this:
Next, map the budget dimension value to either an existing dimension value in Budgeting and Planning, or create a new dimension value (which keeps the dimension value from Excel).
8. Click Next to preview the data before you import it into your budget. When you’re finished, click Import. The dimensions are added to your mapping table.